The Digital Towpath Electronic Records Management System is now available to all local governments and many not-for-profit organizations in New York State. The ERMS is a virtual records room with tools to help you manage electronic records of all kinds.Developed through a Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund grant from the NYS Archives, the ERMS gives you the power to manage electronic records from any source - in one place.
- Through the development of a folder system modeled after those used in physical records rooms, Digital Towpath members can control access to records while safeguarding them.
- Files can be deleted automatically when they reach the end of their retention period.
- Inventory, Aging and Disposal reports are automatically generated.
- All files are indexed as they are added to the system so that retrieval is simplified. A powerful search engine within the system finds documents quickly.
- User support is available through a comprehensive user manual, video tutorial, email and telephone - at no additional charge.
Low annual fee for unlimited use.
Digital Towpath membership is required.
for more information.